Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rough Night

Last night I woke up at 2 am realizing that I had used the last of the boiled water in the last bottle I made for Ariana. What a nigtmare it would be if she woke up hungry and I had to start boiling, then cool off some water. She is so incredibly impatient and unreasonable when she is hungry :). So I groaned out of bed (wishing I could just latch her on like so many other new mothers can), feeling pain soot through my back, which I messed up pretty bad the day before carrying a big bucket of water from the back of the house to the kitchen so I could wash dishes and cook. I just hope I didn´t do any permanent damage.

I fill up the rice cooker with water, we don´t have a working stove yet, and I noticed that the water pressure is great at 2am. I decided to wash and sterilize the extra bottles while I waited for the water and I got hit with a wave of stomache pain. I wont go into much detail there, but after a half an hour in the bathroom with only the Jehova´s Witness magazines for reading material, I decided I might as well take a shower since there would be little or no water in the morning. A 3 am shower is pretty cold, but it was the first time I´ve had any good water pressure in the shower so I actually enjoyed it.

By this time the boiled water had cooled off enough for me to put it in the thermos, so I finished up with all of that and turned of all the lights and headed for bed, at about 3:45. I stubbed my toe on something - still not sure what it was, there was nothing in my path but a big armchair and it didn´t feel like that. It actually felt like something sharp poked under my nail rather than a stub, but I went to the kitchen to check it out since it felt like it might be bleeding. My whole toenail had lifted up! I was shocked because it hadn´t really hurt that bad (but killed by 7am). So I sat at the kitchen table trying to decide wether to cut it off, it was hanging on at the side cuticle, or just put a bandaid over it all to reduce risk of exposure to things. It actually hurt a little more to press the nail back against the nail bed, so I ripped it off and put a bandaid over it.

Again, lights off and on my way to bed, 4:15 now, and Ari decides shes hungry. Good thing I have clean bottles and sterile water! Isaac got up too and started to study for a test he had today, so I stayed up with him to encourage and keep him awake then I made him some pancakes (which I make every morning at 5 am believe it or not). I finally rolled back into bed at 6am and had a great hour and a half nap when Ari woke up at 7:30 ready to play.

I know, I know. Welcome to motherhood – in Panama. lol

I´m attaching a few pictures of the house as promised before. They were taken by Janna, my stepmom, so they show what she thought was interesting, like the ceilings, rather than the actual rooms. lol. But if she thought that was interesting, I´m sure others will too. Enjoy.



2 comments:

The George's said...

what a woman. You know what it's like to have everything at home and yet don't have things down there. Way to go, you are a lot tougher than I could ever be.

Janna Morrell said...

So sad... I have nights like that (or at least had them) minus, of course, the lack of water, the cold shower, and the ripped off toenail!