Thursday, April 3, 2008

Food For Thought

martes, 01 de abril de 2008

I noticed something interesting. I, like most everyone else I know, am always wanting to loose weight (I wrote trying first, but I don´t try very hard). The first month after Ariana was born, I didn´t really leave the house. So I didn´t eat out at all either. I lived on soda (not diet), juice, cheese sandwiches on white bread, and rice, beans and chicken in the evenings. Full of Carbs. And I lost over ten pounds that month. I thought it was the sweating. But everyone, as soon as they saw me could see the difference immediately. It was nice to see what a difference only 10 pounds makes.

When she was five and six weeks old, we started going out a couple days a week, and eating out a couple days a week. I gained it all back in a month (or less).

It surprised me to see how much eating out affects my weight. At home we had the habit of eating out two or three times a week, at least. And I couldn´t figure out why I was gaining weight all the time.

Last month, when I figured out what the difference was, I tried to buy healthier foods. I thought if I lost effortlessly on high carb foods, I´ll loose a lot more with healthier foods... But I still continued to gain. I ate out more or bought more high calorie things while running errands because I didn´t feel satisfied with what I had at home.

Now we are in the new house and Isaac takes the car to school (it is the equivalent of commuting to Ogden from Logan). So I am home bound again with my cheese on white and soda. I guess we´ll see if it proves my theory.

0 comments: