Thursday, September 25, 2008

To Cut or Not to Cut?


So, everytime I see some of our family members here they ask me why I haven´t cut Ari´s hair yet. It´s kind of stringy in the back and around her face from her newborn hair, but what has come in since then is a little more full and wavy. They insist that if I cut it now it will grow in fuller and faster. I don´t know why it is so hard for me, hair always grows back (well in most cases, sorry baldies). But I love to pull her hair up in a ponytail or pigtails so it doesn´t get all sweaty and stick to her head.

So what do you think? Cut now or not yet?







(I also get hammered with the question why I haven´t pierced her ears yet, it´s kind of a tradition to do that to baby girls in latinamerican countries. Haven´t been able to bring myself to do that either, we´ll see...)

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

yes, it's so hard to cut the baby hair, just be sure to save a big chunk of it and take before and after pics. If you don't trim it up, your heading into mullett territory- and no one likes that!!!;)It will all grow in thicker and more even.
And, I'm soooooo with you on the ear piercing thing. I havne't been able to bring myself to do Avery's either. She loves my earings but I want her to be able to take care of them herself- like after she's 8 or something.

Anonymous said...

pienso que esoeraras que crezca más el cabello para darle una bonita forma, talves cercas de su cumpleaños...los aretes.. bueno las niñas se ven tan lindas con unas perlitas pequeñitas...pero eso es tu decisión personal... Nilka

Janna Morrell said...

That is some GORGEOUS hair! I wouldn't have cut it either. It took me forever to cut Christy's hair even though it was always in her eyes (it seems all of her hair grows forward).

I would not give in to getting her ears pierced. It is hard to take care of them and my teenage girls did it themselves but both Savannah and Christy's ear piercings grew back in because between us, we couldn't keep up with them. But their problem may be like Destiny's where they just never heal.

Cherish said...

How about you cut some of Ari's hair and send it to Eva! I have been waffling about the ear piercing on Eva also, just to make her more girly. But Kelly won't let me.

melissa said...

I say NO to the ears! I know, who am I? I don't even have a girl.

I'd wait until she's old enough to decide for herself.

I'd cut her hair, but just a little. Like up to her shirt.

Sorry, but you asked for opinions! And I'm willing to give 'em.

Are you coming back?