Ariana is 9 months old today, yay! We have her Dr. Appointment tomorrow, but I know she weighs a little over 20 lbs, not quite 21 lbs yet, and she is getting alot taller! I think she had a little overnight growth spurt because all of the sudden nothing is out of her reach! She grabs everything! The other day Isaac left his planner in the middle of the coffee table, she couldn´t reach that far last week, but she got it and ripped his page of phone numbers out, then ate it. She somehow got a few digits from every phone number on the page, great. We´ll have to start asking for phone numbers again...
When I am at the desk she´ll reach up and start yanking papers, cords, speakers - whatever she can get a hold of - off the desk, I´m sure it´s a ploy to get my attention and it totally works. She yanked my laptop off a few days ago and she thought that was pretty funny. She´s a crack up. I just hope she doesn´t start thinking that her name is really“dammit Ari”. I´m working vigilantly on that though, it´s shocking how it just slips out involuntarily – not in anger, more like a mumbled sigh as I am doing damage control behind her. I wouldn´t trade her for anything though!
She loves to throw whatever she´s no longer interested in, her bottle, her toys, her glass Gerber food jar – that was fun to clean up. And she has started screaming at me if I take something away or walk into another room without taking her with me. Am I raising a spoiled child or is this just part of the process? I love the cuddles though, she continues to get more cuddly and is super content just to lay against me while I read a book or rest a little. I just finished Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight series. I would put her Baby Einstein video on while I read and she would kneel next to me with her chin resting on my torso watching her video. We both liked that. I need to get another good book.
When I am at the desk she´ll reach up and start yanking papers, cords, speakers - whatever she can get a hold of - off the desk, I´m sure it´s a ploy to get my attention and it totally works. She yanked my laptop off a few days ago and she thought that was pretty funny. She´s a crack up. I just hope she doesn´t start thinking that her name is really“dammit Ari”. I´m working vigilantly on that though, it´s shocking how it just slips out involuntarily – not in anger, more like a mumbled sigh as I am doing damage control behind her. I wouldn´t trade her for anything though!
She loves to throw whatever she´s no longer interested in, her bottle, her toys, her glass Gerber food jar – that was fun to clean up. And she has started screaming at me if I take something away or walk into another room without taking her with me. Am I raising a spoiled child or is this just part of the process? I love the cuddles though, she continues to get more cuddly and is super content just to lay against me while I read a book or rest a little. I just finished Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight series. I would put her Baby Einstein video on while I read and she would kneel next to me with her chin resting on my torso watching her video. We both liked that. I need to get another good book.
What? I´m not up to anything....

8 comments:
So... I think you should be reading your book to HER. She'll probably enjoy that too! What a doll!!! I can't wait to see her but you're gonna have to help her get used to other people so she doesn't scream and cry when we try to hold her :)
Cute background!!! I'm glad I could provide you with some music....I'll have to add more good stuff! Neil Diamond is a classic! My Mom did take me to a concert of his and I loved it, he was so good. From then on out, I was hooked! I do have a few naughty songs too, so sorry! That is my bad side coming out, but I like some of them. Not so much for the words, but the sound of them (I know, satan all the way). Anyway, thanks for the comments, I love reading them! And no, don't cut her hair. Girls need it. Hope you are well, sorry about the stolen tunes!!! That totally smells! Love you! Kar
It would be hard to resist that face! What a doll! I showed her to Dusty and Sarah and they agreed! She is beautiful! My does pretty much the same things she does! It must be the age!
Those pictures of her are so cute! I laughed out loud when you talked about her thinking her name is "Dammit Ariana", my kid might have that same problem! They are just into EVERYTHING aren't they??
She is a cutie! I think you are right about the terrible two's even before they are 1. McKinley is still such a terror and she started exactly how you are describing it! I wish you all the best of luck in your "new" adventure!
Just wait until she is singing "Dammit" in the bathtub!
I love your background how do I get that?
Okay first of all the damnit Ari is the funniest thing I've heard! Love it! I don't think you should cut her hair. I love it! I am so jealous. I would love to be able to put Milika's hair up like that. It's great. But with it being a cultural thing, I understand. And with the cooking/menu ideas. Wish I could help you. My kids are lucky if we have something different besides cereal and sandwiches for dinner. Sad I know. Life is just crazy and too busy to make dinner.
Post a Comment