Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ari, Ari





Not sure how I feel about this picture. Not sure if it´s pretty or spooky...

Ariana is progressing so much. She has 2 cute little teeth on the bottom. She makes this cute little snorting face that really accentuates them. I think she has allergies and she does the little snorting thing because her nose itches. Regardless, it´s really cute.
The "snort" face, no teeth in this one though

She stands up to everything but still doesn´t know how to lower herself back down, so after she gets tired of standing she starts howling for me to come lower her down. I tried to just show her how to get down, but she lets go of whatever she is holding on to and clings to me the minute I´m there. We´ll work on it.

She is sleeping through the nights much better now, thank you for all of the comments and advice. The biggest key was getting her to go to sleep - at naps and bedtime - by herself. I didn´t realize that putting her to sleep everynight in my arms made it so hard for her to go back to sleep once she woke up in the middle of the night. Now she refuses to go to sleep in my arms, lol. Training her didn´t turn out to be very hard. Training Isaac is another issue entirely. He is so concerned that Ari is suffering that it has been a real test for him not to jump up and get her in the middle of the night. He is such a good dad. How many wives can “complain” that their husbands are too attentive to the kids.

She has become cuddly lately, I love it. She has always been clingy, but not very cuddly.

The other day I was lamenting some of the things I miss from home. Then Ari started getting fussy (we were in the car), so I turned it into a little “I love you more than” game.

“I love you more than hot showers (that´s alot), more than carpet, more than Cafe Rio (although I may have to ditch her for a weekend to share that love), more than my family, sorry guys, more than my washer and dryer, more than my dishwasher, more than windows and doors that close”... the list goes on. That´s allota love!

4 comments:

Caldwells said...

Oh, Katie, that "I love you more than" thing is so sweet and touching! Good thing you know what is most important, who cares about the dishwasher anyway?
The pictures are darling too!
Karie

Cherish said...

Good attitude Katie! Destiny and I were talking the other day that we could not do what you are doing. Of course we both agreed we would shell out the money for the hot water and a bug free environment :)

Melinda said...

So sweet! What a doll!

School is SO BUSY! We have a crazy schedule and tons of assignments. I like the classes: peds and community, but I'm also working full-time- I know, crazy! But it's good, only 3 more months of the semester!

Kristi Amasio said...

Hey Katie. Your daughter is so beautiful. It's so fun to hear you talk about her because my daughter is the same age and they sound like they are at the same stages in life and do the same things. So funny. Milika is pulling herself up to everything and she has 2 bottom teeth. It's so fun isn't it??? I feel for you missing out on Cafe Rio. I have to have it at least once a week!