I can´t believe how much a baby progresses from day to day. This month Ariana has become so active and everyday she is learning and doing something new. This month she started holding her own bottle (Yay!) and crawling (Uh-oh). She is not all out speeding around yet, but she gets a little faster and steadier every day. If I put her on the floor I put her on a bedspread or her little foam alphabet pad, but for some reason she goes straight for the tile. When she gets there, she just lays down on her tummy and starts licking the tile. Weird! I clap my hands at her and say “Ari, no!” but she just looks up at me, laughs and goes back to licking. Is she lacking something in her diet? Now I am afraid to leave her on the bed because she sees the tile from there and tries to go for it but of course doesn´t realize there is a drop involved. She is starting to move fast enough now that I don´t think I can let her play there anymore. .jpg)
Just today she started boosting herself up onto her knees. She climbs up the wall with her hands and kneels there holding onto the wall or her little rocker, what ever she can pull herself up to (my leg). She was kneeling up to her little chair a few minutes ago, and had her first bonk against the tile. It sounds horrible when a head hits the tile (carpet isn´t used here, just tile floors or cement floors. Hard on crawling and walking, but I heard they´re great for potty training). But a little cuddling, caressing and juice resolved the tears pretty quick, so I don´t think there is any permanent damage.
She weighed in last week at 17 lbs 10 ounces. She only gained one pound last month. She´s a little bit anti-social, I think because she is holed up with just me all day. At church and the store she gets a little aggravated when people try to hold her. She already has a reputation as being fussy at church. She´s not at home though, she is very calm until she´s tired, then she´s a bit of a screamer. Cherish observed that she has no middle ground. She goes from a 0 to 10 in about a half a second. It´s just good that she´s usually a 0.
We are enjoying her so much and happy to be here with her.
.jpg)
Just today she started boosting herself up onto her knees. She climbs up the wall with her hands and kneels there holding onto the wall or her little rocker, what ever she can pull herself up to (my leg). She was kneeling up to her little chair a few minutes ago, and had her first bonk against the tile. It sounds horrible when a head hits the tile (carpet isn´t used here, just tile floors or cement floors. Hard on crawling and walking, but I heard they´re great for potty training). But a little cuddling, caressing and juice resolved the tears pretty quick, so I don´t think there is any permanent damage.
She weighed in last week at 17 lbs 10 ounces. She only gained one pound last month. She´s a little bit anti-social, I think because she is holed up with just me all day. At church and the store she gets a little aggravated when people try to hold her. She already has a reputation as being fussy at church. She´s not at home though, she is very calm until she´s tired, then she´s a bit of a screamer. Cherish observed that she has no middle ground. She goes from a 0 to 10 in about a half a second. It´s just good that she´s usually a 0.We are enjoying her so much and happy to be here with her.

7 comments:
Wow, Katie when it rains it pours. No blogging for a long time but you did a great job at catching us up!! Okay, no more giant flying ant pictures- I'm already having bad dreams about the bugs I may encounter while we are there. Ari is so big- we can't wait to meet her!!!!
Hi Katie. This is Kelly's sister Kristi. Just wanted to say your Ariana is beautiful. Even though she is adopted she looks just like your husband, I think. And that hair. What a doll! So will you guys be staying in Panama for a while now? I read that you have land and are building a house. That's exciting. My baby is 6mos old too. What day was Ariana born on ? My Milika was 1/4. Well just wanted to say Hi. Glad to hear your cute family is doing well. Oh and by the way. You were my favorite out of Cherishes family until I read the comment on Tara's blog about you being a Ute fan. What's up with that??? J/k. Take care. :)
She IS beautiful! I can't believe she is 6 months old. Time flies too fast doesn't it?
P.S. she already weighs more than Andrew! He is such a skinny little terd!
Hey Katie! Congrats on your cute baby, I am so happy for you! I was just at Grandpa's and he told me you were in S. America! I had no idea you were there and had to stay for THREE YEARS!!! Whoa. Anyway, it is worth it, every bit! I love ya and hope you are so happy!
Karie
I am SO not blog savvy! I had my sister in law up here a few weeks ago and she had to basically walk me through how to do things. But, I'd like to think people THINK that! You are so funny, your blog is so much more than mine anyway, you silly girl! Are you really building a house there? Do you plan on staying for a long time?
Katie- I am so happy for you! How fun. We actually were able to adopt a baby a 3 weeks ago. We feel so blessed, I just thought I should let you know!
These are such beautiful photos. YOu look Great, Katie.. Isaac would too, if Ari's BIG HAIR didn't cover him up ;)
Post a Comment