Isaac´s Mission Pres. and wife. Ariana had a nice big blowout pre-picture.This month has been such a wonderful experience. The Panama temple was dedicated on August 10, 2008 by President Monson. So many members where able to witness this unique experience. The Panamanians are so excited to finally have their own temple!
Manuel and Isaac were both interviewed by Carol Mikita following the session they went to.
The night before there was a cultural event where each stake in the country, I think there are 11 stakes, had a presentation preformed by their young men and women. It was fun to watch all of the dances, I know they have spent months working on them. We saw SO many members and return missionaries there from all over the country. Isaac and I were both able to say hello to people we haven´t seen since our missions.
The evening of the dedication we had a mission reunion with 5 mission presidents and their wives (Bowler, Seegmiller, Williams, Boren, and Duffin). I saw both of my presidents, and Isaac´s president was there also. Isaac has wanted to see him again for such a long time. It was so fun to see them and the return missionaries that were able to come down. I was impressed at the turnout.
On Monday night, the 11th, Manuel and Isaac, with the help of another friend, were able to organize a get together for their old ward. We met in the church building they went to back then (Marcasa). There were tons of people that came, it was great! Most of them grew up together and many haven´t seen each other in almost 20 years. There have been two general authorities out of Panama and they both came from that ward, I am so glad that Isaac grew up with those influences around him. Some of the members there aren´t active anymore, but I hope this get together will ignite some interest again.
Manuel and Isaac were both interviewed by Carol Mikita following the session they went to.
The night before there was a cultural event where each stake in the country, I think there are 11 stakes, had a presentation preformed by their young men and women. It was fun to watch all of the dances, I know they have spent months working on them. We saw SO many members and return missionaries there from all over the country. Isaac and I were both able to say hello to people we haven´t seen since our missions.
The evening of the dedication we had a mission reunion with 5 mission presidents and their wives (Bowler, Seegmiller, Williams, Boren, and Duffin). I saw both of my presidents, and Isaac´s president was there also. Isaac has wanted to see him again for such a long time. It was so fun to see them and the return missionaries that were able to come down. I was impressed at the turnout.
On Monday night, the 11th, Manuel and Isaac, with the help of another friend, were able to organize a get together for their old ward. We met in the church building they went to back then (Marcasa). There were tons of people that came, it was great! Most of them grew up together and many haven´t seen each other in almost 20 years. There have been two general authorities out of Panama and they both came from that ward, I am so glad that Isaac grew up with those influences around him. Some of the members there aren´t active anymore, but I hope this get together will ignite some interest again.
Some of the Marcasa Gang
3 comments:
What a wonderful experience to be there for the dedication. I'm jealous that you were there for that and saw so many people.
What a great time to be "stuck" in Panama. Now come Home!
I saw Isaac on the news. His name came a little after his interview, but I knew it was him. How fun!!
Post a Comment