
For the past three weeks we have been staying at a beach house with Manuel and Chelsea. It was sooo nice. There was air-conditioning, which is always a treat, hot water – heaven, and the house was just overall very nice. There was a private pool in the backyard, then the beach started at the end of the yard. It was so nice of them to let us stay with them!
Last night we finally returned home and I thought, this place isn´t very pretty, and it´s got a lot of problems, but it´s home and it feels nice to be home. I felt that way for about two hours, until the mosquitos started biting and I took my cold shower. I want to go back to the beach house…
When Chelsea came to see our house and we spent an hour here checking email, she saw ants coming in the front door. She said, “Katie, how do you keep the ants out”, I just laughed and said, you don´t. “So you just kill them?”, I just laughed again, that would be a never ending task. “We just co-habitate". They don´t bug me as long as they stay off of me and my daughter.”
So that night I accidentally invaded their space in my front yard when I stepped, and lingered, in a single file line of “Army Ants”; the giant red ones that move bushes from one side of the yard to the other. It was dark, so I didn´t realize it right away until I felt them going over the top of my foot. I jumped out of their line and forgot about it – until a half hour later when I felt some definate biting/pinching at the back of my knee. I actually thought it was a spider and I kind of freaked. I started slapping the back of my pants, which made the pinching worse, then I just dropped my pants completely in front of Isaac and his mom and saw this huge red ant hanging on my skin, I kept trying to slap it off but it wouldn´t let go. Isaac finally grabbed it off. His mom, laughing at me, came over to inspect the offender, “Ohh, that one is a queen!” It was much larger than the others in the regular line up. Just my luck to loiter in the royal procession...
Last night we finally returned home and I thought, this place isn´t very pretty, and it´s got a lot of problems, but it´s home and it feels nice to be home. I felt that way for about two hours, until the mosquitos started biting and I took my cold shower. I want to go back to the beach house…
When Chelsea came to see our house and we spent an hour here checking email, she saw ants coming in the front door. She said, “Katie, how do you keep the ants out”, I just laughed and said, you don´t. “So you just kill them?”, I just laughed again, that would be a never ending task. “We just co-habitate". They don´t bug me as long as they stay off of me and my daughter.”
So that night I accidentally invaded their space in my front yard when I stepped, and lingered, in a single file line of “Army Ants”; the giant red ones that move bushes from one side of the yard to the other. It was dark, so I didn´t realize it right away until I felt them going over the top of my foot. I jumped out of their line and forgot about it – until a half hour later when I felt some definate biting/pinching at the back of my knee. I actually thought it was a spider and I kind of freaked. I started slapping the back of my pants, which made the pinching worse, then I just dropped my pants completely in front of Isaac and his mom and saw this huge red ant hanging on my skin, I kept trying to slap it off but it wouldn´t let go. Isaac finally grabbed it off. His mom, laughing at me, came over to inspect the offender, “Ohh, that one is a queen!” It was much larger than the others in the regular line up. Just my luck to loiter in the royal procession...
Some family members took some fun pool pictures of Ari. I´ll put them up as soon as I get them.


9 comments:
What are you plans, will you stay in Panama or move back to the states sometime?
Wow! What a nice tan, that means you had a great time. I was so jealous, I wanted to be there so bad. I hope to see you soon.
Great Tan Kate! Ok I would have a nervous breakdown with all your bug adventures! I am such a baby!
Oh, Katie, that is hilarious about the ants and the royal procession! You crack me up! By the way, you look so beautiful in these pictures. Striking, really. Just think of all the fun memories you are making that you will look back and laugh about forever. Good times! Have you tried surfing??? How is that?
We want to go back to the beach house too, we have hot water here but we miss the beach and the pool and just being lazy! Thanks for staying with us, you saved my life on more than 1 occasion- eyedrops for Avery, pillow for my tailbone, laptop for my email, chuaffering me around so I didn't have to drive in Panama etc. etc.. We're already talking about our next trip down there- see you sooner rather than later. Tell those darn ants Hello for me:)
I hate when anything crawls on me I would have freaked out! It sounds like you had such a nice time though! I saw the Temple dedication on the news and thought of you! I hope all is going well.
Katie,
It was so fun to get your comment. Hailey misses you, but we understand that you needed to go to Panama. You daughter is darling. Take Care!
Holly Winn
That looks like so much fun Katie. Your daughter is beautiful. It's so fun to watch them grow and change and see how their little personalities develop. How fun to stay in a beach house for a week. That's the life!
Katie, our blog just went private if you want an ivite. Email me @ melissaeichelberger@hotmail.com
Post a Comment