Contrary to some popular advice given to me after last month´s post, I cut Ariana´s hair. I just wanted to trim up the straight bottom layer to line up with the curly top layer. I took her to a kids salon, they had a little car and animal seats and everything. A bored-looking barber came out and unenthusiastically told me to put her in the chair. I should have bolted then. I put her down and said I didn´t want to loose much length, I just wanted him to even it out. I apparently should have specified things a little better.
Three minutes and a heart attack later he said “all done” as I was stuck staring at her curls all over the floor. I was so sad and so mad. I heard myself lament the curls and he just sighed and said it would grow back better this way. I wanted to deck him. I definately didn´t want to pay the $7.00 for the hair cut. I was so sad, I kept apologizing to her all day and then everyday for the next week I hit myself on the side of the head everytime I looked at the back of her head. The front didn´t look too bad, albiet alot shorter. But the back! Ug! Her little curly layer was like the ruffle on the top of a window curtain. It just crowned the top of her head then there was the totally straight layer going the rest of the down. It´s not brushed down in the picture, so you can´t really see the very distinct divisions. Thankfully it is starting to grow out and I´m starting to deal with it better. Just like they say, “The difference between a good haircut and a bad hair cut is (3 weeks or 6 weeks?). Her case is definately a six weeker.
Three minutes and a heart attack later he said “all done” as I was stuck staring at her curls all over the floor. I was so sad and so mad. I heard myself lament the curls and he just sighed and said it would grow back better this way. I wanted to deck him. I definately didn´t want to pay the $7.00 for the hair cut. I was so sad, I kept apologizing to her all day and then everyday for the next week I hit myself on the side of the head everytime I looked at the back of her head. The front didn´t look too bad, albiet alot shorter. But the back! Ug! Her little curly layer was like the ruffle on the top of a window curtain. It just crowned the top of her head then there was the totally straight layer going the rest of the down. It´s not brushed down in the picture, so you can´t really see the very distinct divisions. Thankfully it is starting to grow out and I´m starting to deal with it better. Just like they say, “The difference between a good haircut and a bad hair cut is (3 weeks or 6 weeks?). Her case is definately a six weeker.
Before

After
Before
After
(She is in the washer because I have to line dry the clothes after I wash them, I am just ecstatic that I finally have a washer. Anyway, I can´t have her crawling around in the mud and I can´t leave her inside while I am tending laundry outside, she she stands in the washer while I hang the clothes up on the line. A good arrangement if I work fast.)

1 comments:
I think her hair cut is actually really cute! She is beautiful no matter what. That picture of her in the red and black dress is adorable!
Post a Comment