martes, 27 de mayo de 2008
I have been highlighting alot of the icky things happening here right now. But can I just reaffirm that I really am living in a tropical paradise! We have a huge variety of beautiful beaches with bathwater warm water as close as a half hour from our house. Across from the beach are the mountains which are just as breathtaking. I could take a picture of my front yard and put it on a paradise postcard!
But my favorite thing about Panama is the fruit (and fish). Right now our neighbors are GIVING us bags full of sweet, ripe, huge mangos. They are so yummy! I have been cutting them up and freezing them so they don´t go bad and we can make shakes. We´ve also been given some papayas that I made milk shakes out of. They are so sweet I don´t even have to add sugar. And the pineapples here – amazing. 60 cents of amazing. There is a myriad of other fruits that are just so yummy and interesting but you get the idea – oh yeah – passion fruit – mmmmm. Everytime I watch Lost (we just started season one a few weeks ago, but we are on season 3 now) I totally feel like we are living in a place like that – except for being stranded on an island with crazy people – ok, it even feels like that sometimes. But the greenness, the fruit everywhere, the pretty beaches and beautiful water, the perma-sweaty clothes. That´s our life!
Nature just reminded me about my other favorite thing here – the rain. I LOVE Panama rain. It comes down hard and long. But it brings in a nice breeze and smells so good. It just started raining now and my computer is at a desk looking out my living room window. A few minutes ago I was watching these stunning little hummingbirds pick at the flowers in the front yard, but now it is a sheet of rain that makes all the greenness glisten. I love greenness.
So, yeah, there are bugs and spiders and competitions between the ants and the mosquitos (more like cohabitation) but you have to take the bad with the good. Cherish said she would rather have snow than bugs. Not me, I´ll take the bugs any day if they come with a good tropical rainstorm and a barrel of mangos!
I took all of the pictures in this collage except the one of the city. Doesn´t it look like a paradise to you?
I have been highlighting alot of the icky things happening here right now. But can I just reaffirm that I really am living in a tropical paradise! We have a huge variety of beautiful beaches with bathwater warm water as close as a half hour from our house. Across from the beach are the mountains which are just as breathtaking. I could take a picture of my front yard and put it on a paradise postcard!
But my favorite thing about Panama is the fruit (and fish). Right now our neighbors are GIVING us bags full of sweet, ripe, huge mangos. They are so yummy! I have been cutting them up and freezing them so they don´t go bad and we can make shakes. We´ve also been given some papayas that I made milk shakes out of. They are so sweet I don´t even have to add sugar. And the pineapples here – amazing. 60 cents of amazing. There is a myriad of other fruits that are just so yummy and interesting but you get the idea – oh yeah – passion fruit – mmmmm. Everytime I watch Lost (we just started season one a few weeks ago, but we are on season 3 now) I totally feel like we are living in a place like that – except for being stranded on an island with crazy people – ok, it even feels like that sometimes. But the greenness, the fruit everywhere, the pretty beaches and beautiful water, the perma-sweaty clothes. That´s our life!
Nature just reminded me about my other favorite thing here – the rain. I LOVE Panama rain. It comes down hard and long. But it brings in a nice breeze and smells so good. It just started raining now and my computer is at a desk looking out my living room window. A few minutes ago I was watching these stunning little hummingbirds pick at the flowers in the front yard, but now it is a sheet of rain that makes all the greenness glisten. I love greenness.
So, yeah, there are bugs and spiders and competitions between the ants and the mosquitos (more like cohabitation) but you have to take the bad with the good. Cherish said she would rather have snow than bugs. Not me, I´ll take the bugs any day if they come with a good tropical rainstorm and a barrel of mangos!
I took all of the pictures in this collage except the one of the city. Doesn´t it look like a paradise to you?
5 comments:
ok pretty convincing...I guess I will come in 2 weeks!
I love the pictures. The one of the temple is my favorite. I love to see the progess of Panama. What an amazing country to be in.
Incredible photos, Katie! I could endure even the bugs for some of that fruit... until I actually encountered them.
So beautiful!!! I'm so jealous you're living there! (I'd trade it for school any day! :)
That does look beautiful! I guess as long as you can escape the ants and tarantulas and go to the beach you are in good shape! :)
Post a Comment