Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Holy Crap!




So the doctor put Ariana on phase one Gerber juices and baby food. I was excited to be able to start giving her real food, I feel so bad eating in front of her. I gave her juice the next morning for breakfast, the whole four ounces. About an hour later, as I was talking to a neighbor, I heard and felt a BM, which is always a good thing since she had problems with constipation a lot the first few months. But she doesn´t stop, it keeps gurgling out. Then my arm was all warm. I turned her over and she had diarrhea seeping clear up her back. She gave another little pushed and it started coming out of her arm sleeves! I am totally not exaggerating! That was a surprise. I only give her half at a time now.

She hates the spoon concept. She gets pretty mad when she tries to suck on the spoon and doesn´t get the expeted results. I cut a hole in one of the nipples so I can still give her the cearal and baby food, but this way she gets to suck it up. I try it with a spoon first everytime, and I let her hold the spoon while she eats. We are getting there. That stuff stains clothes though. Both her best onsie and my favorite shirt are lost causes now. Bummer.

She weighed in at 16 lbs 11 ounces on Friday. What a chunk! She moves around a lot, I´m still not exactly sure how. She doesn´t scoot or crawl but some how she moves. I think it´s a rocking thing, just shifting her weight back and forth. She´s sneaky.

She reacts and laughs a lot now, I love it! But she is way attached to me. I tried to teach Relief Society on Sunday and the minute I handed her over to someone else she started screaming. Isaac was teaching EQ so I couldn´t have sent her with him either. I couldn´t focus, neither could anyone else. Three or four different women passed her around for about 5 minutes while I stumbled through my lesson trying to be heard over her screaming then I finally put my manual down and went to the back of the room to get her. She stopped crying the second I took her back. I finished the lesson juggling her and my manual but she was happy. Isn´t this supposed to start around 9 months old? I told the RS president that we need to make sure next time I teach that Isaac and I aren´t teaching on the same day.

4 comments:

Heidi Brown said...

Your daughter is the cutest chub ball ever :) I love her hair. You better be happy that I signed up just to leave you a comment. I love you.

Janna Morrell said...

Oh Katie! Welcome to motherhood! I think you'll hear versions of your poopy story from pretty much every mom. My sister's was when they blessed their new daughter and when the baby was handed back there was yellow poop all up her back and She had to leave to go change both of them!

Melinda said...

She's such a beauty!! I love the hair!!

Tara said...

She is so freakin cute! Sounds like you had quite the blowout there. Ah, blowouts are always a good time aren't they? I remember changing Drew's diaper on my mom's couch one day and he started projectile pooping all over me. It was awesome.