Monday, March 16, 2009

BIG NEWS!!

We would like to announce the arrival of two new additions to our family! Rocío Estefania and Maria Esther

A little over a year and a half ago Isaac and I applied for adoption out of the orphanage in Ecuador that we had been spending time at. We knew the process would take about that much time, but we figured it would be perfect timing to finish our nursing programs (which we haven´t done due to our adventures in Panama). In December we recived the long awaited news that the adoption was final. And it came with the surprise that we had been assigned two girls rather than one!
Rocio and Maria grew up together (all two and a half years of their lives) and behave in the orphanage like real sisters. The comittee were convinced that they would do better together than apart. We have known them both for almost two years and are excited to welcome them into our home.

Rocío 3 years old
Rocio just turned three. She is very quiet, unless she is thirsty. She likes to always have a glass of something in her hands and is not okay if she doesn´t. I think it may actually be related to a medical condition. She is very sweet and affectionate with mom or dad and some adults but doesnt really like other kids to touch her. She puts up with Maria´s hugs and kisses but doesn´t really like them or reciprocte them. She likes her space. She plays well with Maria, she has an adorable smile and laugh.

We are happy that our family is growing and that we have been blessed with three beautiful daughters. We are exhausted, and we hope they will start to play nice, but really, what a blessing!

We are still in Panama waiting on paperwork so that Ariana can leave the country. Hopefully we can go home soon.

Maria 2 1/2

Maria is two and a half and is soooo sweet (unless someone has something she wants of course). She has a sweet smile and gives the best hugs and kisses. In fact she is always kissing. My hands, knees, feet, every mirror we pass (reminds my of my sister DeAnna actually). Her favorite words are "mio" - mine, and "no" of course I imagine those are the famouse words of every two year old. She is very affectionate and protective of "Chio" - the nickname she gave to Rocio, and shakes her finger and says "no papá!" to Isaac everytime he is playing rough with Rocio. She stands between Rocio and Ariana everytime Ariana gets close, because Ariana is prone to pinch, claw, bite and pull hair. We are working on that....

Ariana 15 months

Ariana is trying to figure out what happened. We had to leave her in Panama with Isaac´s mom and family for the six week culmination of everything in Ecuador. Then we came home and dropped two dominating sisters on her. She seems very insecure right now and, like I mentioned above, is very physical with the other girls. She wants to be held all the time, I think to mark her territory, and they all get jealous and possessive over my lap. Our first day back from Ecuador, Isaac knelt down and held out is arms to see Ariana walk, yes she started walking while we were gone - sad, and he said "Ariana, walk to Papá" and Maria ran over and yelled "NO! MIO PAPÁ". It all began there...We are hoping they will start to love each other soon. Maria has begun to give Ariana hugs and kisses when she can avoid Ariana´s hands, so most of them come from behind. Ariana has started grabbing Rocio in bear hugs from behind, but for Rocio that is as disturbing as biting her. Any suggestions?


Bathtime - they all love bath time and want to be IN the water but we don´t have a bathtub, so they rotate buckets. Thankfully we have the pool, they spend hours out there but it is always chaos when we make them get out. At least they all agree on that.

The new and improved Yanguez family

14 comments:

johnandcourtney said...

I am SO happy for you guys! Congratulations! What an amazing story, what blessings. They will become the best of friends. I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Katie! They are so beautiful! I wish I could give you advice on helping them adapt- but I am 2 kids behind you!! I am sure you guys are doing EVERYTHING right! I can't wait for you to come back so I can finally meet my gorgeous nieces! Give them kisses for me, Tyler and Tyce!

Cherish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Brown said...

Your girls are so cute! so I posted a comment then realized I was signed in as Cherish so that's why you have a deleted comment, my bad sorry. :) I love the picture of the girls in the tub, they are so adorable! Can't wait to see you again! love you.

The George's said...

Oh my, your hands are full. Pray lots is all I have to say. Love the picture of the family. They have a book called Toddler Wise, it's like Baby Wise if you've heard of that.

Caldwells said...

KATIE! Congrats! That is such a shocker. You Morrell's, what are we going to do with you?? We might just have to create a city for you to hold all the kids being added! No seriously, it will be so much fun with 3 girls so close....lucky kids to have you as their Mom! Love you!

Morrells said...

They are all so cute! You have your hands full now! You will do great! I am sure with time they will get along like normal kids Best Friends/Worst Enemies! Congrats!!!

Cherish said...

Cute new blog! The bathtub picture will go down in legend it is soooo cute! I can't wait to have you all here!

Melinda said...

CONGRATS KATIE!! That is so amazing- I'm so happy for you and Isaac and your growing little family!

Tara said...

Wow Katie! Congrats!!! that is so exciting! They are all such beautiful little girls. Was it crazy going from 1 to 3? i am getting nervous for my 2nd!

Congrats again, what a beautiful family.

Kristi Amasio said...

That is so awesome! I love the pics of the girls and the family pic at the end. It's so great! I am so happy for you. They are all beautiful!

Morrells said...

Tanner, Dusty and Liz have not joined the blogging world! I will try and talk them into it however!

Janna Morrell said...

These are GREAT pictures. Thanks so much for doing this cute thing while you've been in Panama. It's almost like being there. I can't wait to see you soon!!

Love, Janna-Grams

Breeann said...

Oh goodness! I am so happy for you guys! Chelsea was telling me about your new family yesterday, what an adventure! I am sure that things will be challenging for you for the first little while but I think they will all grow up to be the best of friends. I am so excited to see you guys and meet your family.